Competitors may wear a belt. If worn, it shall be on the outside of the lifting suit.
Materials and Construction:
1. The main body shall be made of leather, vinyl or other similar non-stretch material in one or more laminations which may be glued and / or stitched together.
2. It shall not have additional padding, bracing or supports of any material either on the surface or concealed within the laminations of the belt.
3. The buckle shall be attached at one end of the belt by means of studs and / or stitching.
4. The belt may have a buckle with one or two prongs or “quick release” type (“quick release” referring to lever.)
5. A tongue loop shall be attached close to the buckle by means of studs / or stitching.
6. The name of the lifter, the lifter’s nation, state or club may appear on the outside of the belt.
1. Width of belt maximum 10 cm.
2. Thickness of belt maximum 13 mm along the main length.
3. Inside width of buckle maximum 11 cm.
4. Outside width of buckle maximum 13 cm.
5. Tongue loop maximum width 5 cm.
6. Distance between end of belt and far end of tongue loop maximum 25 cm.
Bench Shirts / Slingshot
1. all ply Bench Shirts or Slingshot are allowed.
2. Open Or Closed back are allowed.
3. Velcro on backs of open back Bench shirt allowed.
4. The use of a Slingshot, Super Ram , Bench Daddy allowed in the Equipped Bench Press.
1. Deadlift suits are allowed.
2. Briefs are allowed.
1, Singles are allowed but not required.
1.In the event that we hold a 3 lift meet, all ply Squat suits are allowed.
1. A lifter can use Deadlift straps, it will put them in the equipped divison
Only wraps of one ply commercially woven elastic that is covered with polyester, cotton or a combination of both materials or medical crepe are permitted.
1. Wrists wraps shall not exceed 1 m. in length and 8 cm in width. Any sleeves, and velcro patches / tabs for securing must be incorporated within the one meter length. A loop may be attached as an aid to securing.
2. Standard commercial sweat bands may be worn. A combination of wrist wraps and sweat bands is not allowed.
3. A wrist covering shall not extend beyond 10 cm above and 2 cm below the center of the wrist joint
and shall not exceed a covering width of 12 cm.
Inspection of Personal Equipment
1. The inspection of personal equipment for each and every lifter in the competition may take place at anytime (times may be announced at the Technical Meeting) throughout the meet prior to within twenty minutes of the start for their particular bodyweight category.
2. A minimum of two referees shall be appointed to fulfill this duty.
3. Wraps over permitted length shall be rejected, but may be cut to the correct length and resubmitted.
4. Any item considered unclean or torn shall be rejected. If after the inspection a lifter appears on the platform wearing or using any illegal item, other than that which may have inadvertently been passed by the referees, the lifter shall immediately be disqualified from the competition.
5. All items mentioned previously under personal equipment shall be inspected.
6. Hats are strictly forbidden to be worn during lifting, items such as watches, costume jewelry, eye wear and feminine hygiene articles need not be inspected.
7. The use of oil, grease or other lubricants on the body, or personal equipment is strictly forbidden.
8. Baby powder, resin, talc or magnesium carbonates are the only substances that may be added to the body and attire. Not the wraps.
9. The use of any form of adhesive on the underside of footwear is strictly forbidden. This applies to any built in adhesive, e.g. glass paper, emery cloth, etc. And to include resin and magnesium carbonate. A spray of water is acceptable.
Shoes or Boots
Shoes or boots shall be worn.
1. Shoes shall be taken to include only Sports Shoes / Sports Boots; W/L, P/L Boots or Deadlift Slippers. The above is referring to indoor sports e.g. Hiking boots do not fall into this category .
2. No part of the underside shall be higher than 5 cm.
3. The underside must be uniform on both sides.
4. No mud on shoes or boots, anyone having shall be asked to change or clean boots or shoes. If they do not, they will not be allowed to lift.
There must be 5 or more in a class to recive a best lifter award., for example if there is 2 in the raw and 5 in the equipped , only a equipped best lifter will be givin.
1. Bring bar down to chest, wait for press command. Press bar back up to a full extension and wait for rack command. If bar does not touch chest and lifter brings bar back up lift will not count.
2. Hips must remain on bench while attempt is being made. Raising hips lift will not count.
3. While coming down with bench, lifter Can stop and go with bench as long as bench does not go up and down while movin up.
4. Feet may not move from side to side or up and down once your in position. If lifter moves feet after lift has started, lift will not count.
5. Lifter may raise head on the way down and lower head on the way up with bench.
6. If bar comes up uneven, Judge has right to tell spotters to take bar and lift will not count.
7. Reverse grip not allowed.
1. Pull deadlift up wait for down command then lower bar.
2. When pulling deadlift lifter may not hitch bar. If lifter does, lift will count.
3. When pulling deadlift lifter may not stop go down and start back up. If lifter does, lift will not count.
4. Failure to lock the knees straight at the completion of the lift. Lift will not count.
5. Failure to stand erect with shoulders back. Lift will not count.
6. If lifters drops bar, Judge has right to eject lifter from competition, however if bar slips out of lifters hands they will not be ejected from event.
1. Curl in one solid motion to top wait for down call.
2. Lifter may not stop and go while attempting lift. If lifter does, lift will not count.
3. Lifter may not swing bar to top. If lifter does, lift will not count.
4. Lifter may not move feet while attempting lift. If lifter does, lift will not count.
5. If lifters drops bar, Judge has right to eject lifter from competition, however if bar slips out of lifters hands they will not be ejected from event.
6. If bar comes up uneven, Judge has right to tell lifter to put bar down and lift will not count.